Darcy's Reviews > The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires

The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper

Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: 2012, audio-book, pnr, vampires, listened-to-at-work
Read on August 03, 2012

This book had me laughing so much, it was like a screwball comedy from the 40's. Iris's business seems to be sucking so much of her time, but she is making a go of it. It all comes to a stop when she literally falls over a vampire. It is with that one fall that everything changes. Compelled to help Cal, Iris finally starts doing more than just running errands for vamps. First he is hiding in her house, then they are dancing around each other, soon there is no dancing at all.

The whole poisoned blood thing became funny to me. Here is a vampire centuries old, felled by this, the one thing he was to investigate and not getting very far in doing his job. Cal was funny in his protective nature with Gigi, his gifts and the not so secret talk with the boyfriend had me laughing.

The cryptic help that Ophelia gave was odd. At times you weren't really sure what she was talking about.

I loved the scene in the coffee shop where this series intersected with characters from the author's other series. The women are all crazy and Iris really needs some crazy in her life.

The big show down at the end was almost a let down. The bad guys were dispatched fairly easy. What was interesting was how all of Iris clients reacted and what Iris's answer was to the questions asked by Cal.

I hope we get more in this series as I like all the crazy people from Half Moon.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires.