Rodricucuz Vaughn's Reviews > Tibet: Through the Red Box

Tibet by Peter Sís

U 50x66
Nov 14, 2011

1. Graphic Novel

2. "Tibet Through the Red Box" is a story about a a boy who finds a red box with his father's dairy in it. To his surprise this dairy unlocks tales and adventures of his fathers journey as he was lost for 2 years in Tibet.

3. critique

a. list the area for comment (e.g., accuracy)This was a very interesting book . The novel takes the reader into a world of adventure , mystery ,magic , and intrigue. Each chapter unfolds as the mystery of his father's travels go on.

b. The book was a good read but as I read the book I found myself revisiting the pages to put everything in perspective. In all I loved the book and I found myself lost in the story . I love when a book takes you away from reality. I loved how the illustrations followed the story line. The illustrations were a good representation of Tibet. I also love the maps in the book .

c. The surprise is in the "red book " a simple box that unlocks the past. The surprises
keep coming in the book .

4. I would recommend this book for grades 5-8. The book can be tied to a geography lesson .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tibet.