Molly's Reviews > Midnight

Midnight by Dean Koontz

Dec 21, 11

Read from November 14 to December 20, 2011

This book was excellent!
The only thing I could really complain about was that once you got to Part Two (near the end), alot of new characters were introduced that really only took place during one page of the book, which seemed pointless to me. However it allowed you to get an idea that alot of people were going through this, and I suppose since some of them died, they would have no purpose being mentioned again.
I found this book to be vey challenging in some parts, and somewhat disturbing. The detail was excellent, along with the whole story overall. I loved how Dean Koontz wrote this story, it was incredibly intriguing and it made me want to finish it all in one sitting.
"Midnight" does require maturity within your reading, because I do not suggest you read it if you are incapable of taking things seriously. There were sex fantasies and scenes that were explained within decent detail, and various swears. Not an overly dramatic use of them, however.

I loved this book so much though, it was a great read. The story was something almost similar to a werewolf fantasy book, but more disturbing. The story was better, and less overdone than vampires and pixies and junk. Dean Koontz did a wonderful job of making this book unique and his own, rather than taking a story of legend that was so well heard of that all of it's tellings seemed too similar.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight.

11/14/2011 page 12
12/06/2011 page 176
35.0% "2 hours read. Loman discovered Mike Peyser on the floor, possibly becoming a regressive but he is unable to change back at will. 23+ murders have been unraveled, all the bodies disposed of through a secret creamation. The bodies were mainly described as suicide, but Loman knows they're from regressive attacks. The police are into "Project Moonhawk" and know what's really going on in Moonlight Cove, nobody's safe."
12/07/2011 page 186
38.0% "40 minutes read. Sholnick and Mike regressed, making Shaddock want to. Chrissie is still unfound, wandering for safety. Harry, Tessa, and Sam know the truth about the Change and "conversions" of the people of Moonlight Cove and only have several hours before they come for Harry." 9 comments
12/12/2011 page 246
50.0% "Chrissie talked to Father Castelli in hope of being rescued, and found out he was a regressive. Tucker and Chrissie's parents are still in search of her, and Tessa, Sam, and Harry are still wondering how to be saved from their planned "conversion". 1 hour read."
12/19/2011 page 398
80.0% "Alot of new characters were introduced- Denny, the Coltane's, Betsy, Cora, and all the regressives who had "plugged into the system" with Shaddock. Loman is still on the look for Shaddock, determined to kill him and take his amulet to take the New People out with him. Tessa, Sam, and Chrissie made it to the school to send out a notice to the Bureau using Sun (supercomputer) to send 99 alerts/messages. 3 hours read."
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirstin (new) - added it

Kirstin I would really like to read this book! More than one person has said somehting about this book. Do you know where I could get it? I would like to start it as soon as I could :)

Molly I own it, you can read it and have it.

message 3: by Kirstin (new) - added it