Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)'s Reviews > The Key

liked it
bookshelves: reviewed
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: R2R
Read from November 18 to 19, 2011

I received this book as a part of Read 2 Review program.

When the story began, I had high expectations. I thought I was going to love it. In the end, it fell short and giving it three stars is generous. Why am I being generous? Because the story had so much potential. I’ll begin with the good things. The mythology for the paranormal entity was original and had my interest peeked. The trajectory of the romance was great (however see the spoilers). Unfortunately, it didn’t make up for the bad.

(view spoiler)

Despite all the plot holes, I found myself continually picking up the book after I put it down because of the unrealistic parts. So that has to say something.

I would encourage everyone to read and come to their own conclusions. There were some really good things about this story. Some of the readers may not notice the flaws I found and thoroughly enjoy the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Key.

message 1: by Ana (last edited Nov 27, 2011 10:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ana Exactly Terri! I believe Maddie and Chase are 18, then why the hell do they act and talk like they are 28 (or more)??? Have the same feeling..I'm afraid, I will rate this one a 3. What I really don't like is when in a young adult book I see the characters "acting" like they are grown ups. You know what I mean! Great review mate:)