Angela's Reviews > Dead is a Battlefield

Dead is a Battlefield by Marlene Perez

Jul 21, 2013

bookshelves: on-the-fence
Read on July 21, 2013

Edit: 7/21/13 Not bad at all. It won't let me undo my disappointed.

So there is no Daisy or Ryan or Sam. They are mentioned, but not interacted with. However, Flow is a major character which is cool. Several of the minor characters are also in this. Basically Jessica finds out that she is a virago, a warrior women who protects her town. There are 4 of them all together including Flo who trains them. Like all the other Dead Is... books, there is something shady and paranormal going on and our MC has to figure it out. The Romance was a little annoying, but I have to remember she is a freshman. I suppose Perez did this do cater to a younger crowd and/ or make it last longer until she graduate. Yes, I will more than likely read the next ones, although I don't want to buy them.

Ok, I get making a spin off of a series or focusing on other characters(this girl wasn't even a main character barely mentioned previously), but she should have made a new series from this one. Getting all of us Die Hard Daisy and Ryan fans excited over a new book for nothing. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it will be a great story, but I feel it will leave something to be desired. Just because Daisy is college aged, doesn't mean they cant continue. Morganville Vamps is huge and she was in college. Oh well what can I say...
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead is a Battlefield.

07/21/2013 page 175
07/21/2013 marked as: currently-reading
07/21/2013 marked as: read

message 1: by Gabriela (new) - added it

Gabriela Haha absolutely agree! I searched Marlene Perez and found this one, thinking it was the next in the series. Then I get a description about a Jessica? Oh yeah, Sam's boyfriend's younger sister. Wha??

Angela I think it's Sean's little sister so there might be some of the other guys. I mean there are no supernatural powers in her fam. Maybe, just maybe they didn't get the book discription right. One can hope that daisy and the guys help out. But of course wishful thinking doesn't usually produce anything.

Erin O'Riordan Sure, it won't be the same without Daisy and Ryan as main characters, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie im on chapter 7 but it is seans little sister and its okay i guess but i miss ryan and daisy... i started reading and was like "what!?" then noticed daisy wasnt telling the story :(

Angela Natalie wrote: "im on chapter 7 but it is seans little sister and its okay i guess but i miss ryan and daisy... i started reading and was like "what!?" then noticed daisy wasnt telling the story :("

Yeah. I hear it's pretty good, but I don't like the characters being so young. I'm already in my 20's... She said in an email to me that we'd see Daisy etc. but I doubt it will be from their POV. Does Sean's little
Sis have any powers or anything?

Samantha I love the book i like how marlene perez gave it a little twist dont you

Angela Samantha wrote: "I love the book i like how marlene perez gave it a little twist dont you"

You know it's sad I still haven't gotten the book. Waiting for it I go onsale or find it at the used book store.

Angela They've got it at the library and I'm going to try it