Monaliz's Reviews > The Ghost and the Goth

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

Mar 31, 2012

bookshelves: in-my-bookshelf, speculative-romance-challenge-2012, read-2012, favorites
Read from February 07 to 08, 2012

My rating: 4/5 stars
Read the review in my blog!

May contain some spoilers
I don't know what it is with me and the cheerleaders! In general, I can't stand them, but they usually do bring some (quality) action to books, so I find them irresistable. And when cheerleader dies and becomes a ghost, well, that's just the book I have to read!

As mentioned, Alona dies, becomes a ghost and since Will is some sort of "ghost whisperer", for the first time ever they have to actually talk to each other.

Will thinks Alona is the typical cheerleader; perfect on the outside, b*tch in the inside. And Alona thinks just as nice things about Will; some freakish goth lurking in the corners.

But after getting to know each other, they are both proven wrong. I think this was the best part of the book, when they actually get to know each other and learn their deepest and darkest secrets. I'm in love with their relationship, since it progress so naturally.
Well, if you can call a relationship between a living boy and a dead girl natural, of course.

We also have some "bad guys" hanging around, good stories usually have! Just so our main characters can join together in united front and eventually have some makeout sessions.. Me, a fan of makeout sessions, no way! ;)

Overall, if you want some good entertainment, this is right book for you! It's exciting with some humorous moments and romantic scenes between living boy and dead girl (may sound disgusting, but it's quite sweet, actually), and leaves you craving for more :)

Monaliz @ Mind Reading?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghost and the Goth.