Mason Jones's Reviews > Aloha from Hell

Aloha from Hell by Richard Kadrey

Nov 13, 11

Read in November, 2011

I might have to read this again, because it went by so quickly. Which isn't to say it's too short (though perhaps it is), but more that it's a whirlwind, and a fun one at that. The third in the Sandman Slim series, by this point Kadrey is so comfortable with his characters that it all flows very smoothly. The story, that is -- things aren't smooth for the characters at all. I mean, when your main character kills himself (sort of) in order to get to Hell -- on purpose -- to get involved in the latest war against Heaven so that he can finally kill his nemesis...for the second time...who's in charge of Hell after Lucifer left...and that's just the easy part... Well, yeah, some days aren't as easy as others. I don't want to give away too much, but in other words, this is great fun. I might be biased because the bad guy's name is Mason, but I don't think so. I'm more honored, I suppose. Mostly I'm glad to hear that there will be more books in the series, because the end of this one leaves great potential for future mayhem, which is the idea, after all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aloha from Hell.