Jo's Reviews > Survivor In Death

Survivor In Death by J.D. Robb

Nov 13, 2011

bookshelves: action-adventure-suspense, mystery
Read in November, 2011

I'm starting not to comment on these books anymore because I keep saying the same things. I love the series. I particularly love the interactions between and growth of the continuing characters, including the maturation of the relationship between Eve and Roarke. All things I've said before.

I wanted to speak to one point that seems to be bothering some of the other reviewers, Eve's interaction with the surviving child in this story. To me it rang very real. Eve isn't ready for a child, by any stretch of the imagination; but she did her best for this one in the way that only she could. True, she wasn't maternal or cuddly - she mostly treated the kid as a small adult. I can relate. I've never had kids, & didn't want them (although I have a decent relationship with ones I can give back [to brothers, cousins, friends, etc]). I mostly talk to them like small adults, too. The "maternal instinct" is not universal, folks. I would've found it a failure in the characterization if Eve was suddenly cuddly and maternal.

This was another very good book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Survivor In Death.