JoLee's Reviews > All Clear

All Clear by Connie Willis

Nov 13, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in November, 2011

After finishing Connie Willis's Blackout, I was eager to get my hands on the sequel All Clear. It's nice to come to a series after all the sequels are published. Instant gratification. Blackout ends with our three time traveling historians trapped in London during the Blitz. (They had finally found each other!) The sequel picks up right where we left off. The three are desperate to find their way home, worried they have changed history, and frantic that their meddling might have lost the war.

There is a lot to like about Willis's story. The book is so well researched. I learned a lot about England during WWII. (Fortitude South was particularly interesting.) In the end, all the little details of the story come together so nicely. The laws of time travel are not well developed or explained, but that is not really the point of the story. All in all, it's a pretty impressive undertaking. My only complaints would be that sometimes the characters get a little too inner-monologue-y, and they can get repetitive. Also, every chapter ends with a cliff hanger (no exaggeration), so it is really difficult to stop reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Clear.