Staci's Reviews > Firefly Lane

Feb 29, 12

bookshelves: personal-library, 2012-reads
Recommended to Staci by: Heather
Read from February 20 to 21, 2012

I am a sucker for books that are about women and their friendships. This one was so fantastic! I loved every single page...I mean it...every single page.
I adored the way the author broke up the book into decades! Even though I was pretty young in the 70s' I do remember some of the things that Tully and Katie talked about. Most especially the huge crush on David Cassidy!!! And who could forget all of the iconic hair-dos of Farrah Fawcett, Dorothy Hamill, and of course, Jennifer Aniston.
I always wanted a real friendship like the one that Tully and Katie experienced. Unfortunately, I can't say that I hada friend like that from high school. But, as I've gotten older I have made friendships that I believe will sustain me into my sunset years!!
I thought the ending was wonderful. Granted it was sad, but it was just done so well. I think it's a rare friendship were two people know each other so well, warts and all!
The author included a playlist! If you have been reading my blog for very long, you know that I love to read the Behind The Novel/Author's words first. Well, I could kick myself for not doing it this time because I would have enjoyed listening to the music while reading this book!! So make sure you do that!!
I loved this book! I am proud to admit that I enjoy "Chick Lit" and am now eager to read more of Kristin's books. Lucky for me, Julie (scrappy genius and friend) sent me True Colors, which I will be reading in the upcoming months!! Yay for great friends and Yippee for books that really touch my heart!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firefly Lane.

02/20/2012 page 233
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Kaye Get the kleenex out! sob**

Staci Kaye wrote: "Get the kleenex out! sob**"

I stayed up til 11:45 last night! Having a hard time putting this one down!

message 2: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Staci, I love Chick Lit, also. Books like the "Friday Night Knitting Club and so many have brought great reading pleasure. You may want to read "Mint Honey and Orange" by Carleen Brice.

Staci Robin wrote: "Staci, I love Chick Lit, also. Books like the "Friday Night Knitting Club and so many have brought great reading pleasure. You may want to read "Mint Honey and Orange" by Carleen Brice."

thanks for the suggestion!