Huma Rashid's Reviews > The Harney & Sons Guide to Tea

The Harney & Sons Guide to Tea by Michael Harney

Nov 13, 11

Read in November, 2011

A solid guide to tea. It covers all the different groups, discusses not only the quality of each different type of tea but also the history behind it, provides instructions as to brewing as well as a tasting guide, and includes stories from the author's travels as a tea distributor.

I read this because I enjoy drinking green tea, have strong cultural ties to (British Legacy) teas, and wanted to know more about the history and brewing techniques of tea. This book did not disappoint, and is a great resource for others that are similarly curious about tea.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Harney & Sons Guide to Tea.

message 1: by Korri (new)

Korri I LOVE Harney & Sons! I went to their tasting room and restaurant in Millerton, NY and fell in love with the delicious flavors. They have great green tea...

Huma Rashid Korri wrote: "I LOVE Harney & Sons! I went to their tasting room and restaurant in Millerton, NY and fell in love with the delicious flavors. They have great green tea..."

Jealous! :O I'd love to do that! Something to add to my 'if I'm ever in NY again' list.

Mona I agree - H&S tea is great. Their Vanilla Comoro is m my favorite decaf tea (I have a *huge* bag of it at home) and I love perusing their seasonal catalogs.

Huma Rashid Mona wrote: "I agree - H&S tea is great. Their Vanilla Comoro is m my favorite decaf tea (I have a *huge* bag of it at home) and I love perusing their seasonal catalogs."

I am totally going to have to buy some of their stuff. Ugh. It all sounds amazing.