A Beautiful Madness's Reviews > Girl of Nightmares

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Oct 27, 12

bookshelves: arc
Read from July 24 to 27, 2012

I had read Anna Dressed in Blood when it first came out last year. It was one of those books I had enjoyed, but hadn’t been completely in love with, despite its incredibly interesting plot. In Girl of Nightmares, we are taken back to Cas, who still hasn’t moved on after Anna’s sacrifice. Worse, she haunts him; convincing him he needed to bring her back out of hell. When I read the summary, I was curious to see where it would go, and especially how it would end. Would it be completely predictable? Would it be believable? Would the plot make sense? One of the things I really loved about Girl of Nightmares is that the story line flows easily, making it possible for you to simply get captivated by Cas quest to save Anna.

Now, when it comes down to the characters, I was really hoping to see some changes in them. After all, they went through some pretty extreme things in Anna Dressed in Blood. I was actually terrified that we wouldn’t see a difference, an evolution after six months. Fortunately, they did change, especially Carmel who is kind of new to all of this. It made it so much more believable, as I don’t think someone could go through all of that without seeing things a little differently. Of course, we can’t forget about Cas, who is going through some really crazy stuff to save the ghost he loves. He is ready to risk his life for her. Yet, even though his life is in danger, he still can take the time to be funny, something I love about his character. Cas had some really good line that made me laugh. Thomas charmed me again, with his determination to do about everything in his power to help Cas, even if he knows it may not be the safest idea. He is simply an amazing friend.

Once again, Kendare Blake charmed me with her character et her unique ghost story. She gives you enough twits to keep you hooked, amazing characters to make you beg for more. I can’t wait to read more form her, doesn’t matter if it’s from Cas world or not. She simply knows how to charm me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl of Nightmares.