Chelsea's Reviews > Scar Tissue

Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis

Nov 13, 2011

I own a copy

If you were/are a fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, novels about drug addiction and recovery, or rock-and-roll memoirs, this is your kind of book. This comes from the perspective of RHCP's lead singer, Anthony Kiedis, who has had one heck of an interesting life. The way he writes is very stream-of-conscius, like the entire book is his life story being told to you exactly in his words. In the future of my writing, I will attempt to parallel his storytelling style; the way he speaks so openly about his failing relationships, like his downhill drug-addled connection with a woman named Kim, is so honest and real. The book flows very easily, and Kiedis's casual yet raw way of writing keeps the momentum. He recounts several detours in his life due to relapses, the many woman he loved along the way, great adventures he's had growing up, and basically all you'd want to know about the life of this great singer, who stayed true to music all along. This is an immensely enticing memoir that makes you really see and love Anthony Kiedis for who he is.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scar Tissue.