Seth's Reviews > The Philip K. Dick Reader

The Philip K. Dick Reader by Philip K. Dick

Mar 16, 14

bookshelves: sci-fi-lit
Read from October 15, 2012 to March 01, 2014

Yes I like most human beings love Dick, Philip K Dick that is... There are 24 ironicly humerous short stories in this collection. I enjoyed reading one or two of them here and there over the course of over five years while taking a break between other authors. Some of my favorite stories in this book were "Sales Pitch" "Second Variety" "Foster, your dead" and "Tony and the beetles". More recently I enjoyed reading "War Veteran and Paycheck". I highly recommend this collection if your interested in science fiction themed short stories. Second Variety was the basis of the movie "Screamers" Once you read this collection your also good to watch the movies "Total Recall" "Minority Report" "Next" and "Paycheck" having read the source material for those movies.
In all cases, when the source material is only 30some pages long, you gotta add more story for a 90minute or longer movie, problem is that if you don't care for the added story content, you probably won't like the movies overall.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Philip K. Dick Reader.

01/19/2014 marked as: currently-reading
01/20/2014 "I've been reading the short stories in this book sporadically for many years but now the end is very close at hand. Only two stories remain, Chromium Fence and Paycheck... first i'll read this authorized sequel to a Philip K Dick novel, and then I will finish this collection once and for all."
01/20/2014 marked as: to-read
02/26/2014 marked as: currently-reading
02/26/2014
96.0% "And now it's time to finish this great collection. Should be done with the final two stories by the end of the weekend."
03/02/2014 marked as: read