Chelsea's Reviews > Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking

Blink by Malcolm Gladwell

Nov 19, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from November 13 to 19, 2011

So if it wasn't official before it is now...I'm a nerd. I can't help it, I love Malcolm Gladwell, I love NPR, and I love learning useless trivia. That said I loved this book just as much as Outliers and am looking forward to reading the Tipping Point. I think my background in neurology made this even more interesting. I do have to admit my political feathers became slightly ruffled when Mr. Gladwell shared a quote by George Soros' son stating that his fathers success in the world market was due to his intuition. Gag. Obviously Mr. Gladwell didn't do his homework before sharing that quote because I think the fact the George Soros made a ton of money off his purchase of Petrobras had more to do with his lobbying for President Obama to place a moratorium on offshore drilling which lead to hundred's of offshore rigs moving from the gulf coast to Brazil, but I digress. I suppose that just adds to my nerdiness. Overall an excellent read with insights that will change the way you look at decision making.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blink.