Becca's Reviews > Spindle's End

Nov 13, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011-2012
Read in November, 2011

Spindle's End is about a girl name Rosie who is actually a princess that was kip napped when she was just a baby. On her "name day" she was put under a curse that on her 21st birthday she would prick her finger on a spindle and go into a sleep forever. Rosie doesn't know her real identity as a princess. Her "parent" or care taker is named Katriona. She decides not to tell Rosie of her identity to protect Rosie. Only when Rosie is 20 does she find out about her true identity. When we finds out she tells everyone how she is going to break the spell that was casted on her.
I found this book well written and somewhat interesting. I felt like I knew the plot but was disappointed slightly. For me the book went too slow and everything was dragged out a bit too much. It was only closer to the end when all the real action started happening in my option. It seems like the author was really trying to show the reader what was going on. He did a great job but it took up too much of the book for me. Don't get me wrong though, I still enjoyed it. I would recommend it to girls who are patient readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spindle's End.