Marquetta's Reviews > Hot Text

Hot Text by Cari Quinn

Nov 13, 2011

Read in November, 2011

First let me say that I love the cover! It is so freaking hot! Second, I love that Jeff isn't your typical hero. He doesn't have smooth moves, he has a potty mouth (and is downright crude at times) and he'd rather be surrounded by books than be around a bunch of people.

Author Cari Quinn knows how to write hot, erotic stories with well-developed characters and plot. Even though Hot Text is a novella, I felt like I read a full-length novel. Even though Jeff and Karyn hit the sheets hours after just meeting, I loved that the romance came after the sex, if that makes sense. Too many romance novels (of all sub-genres) have a tendency to have the hero and heroine rush to the I Love Yous and sometimes I find that unrealistic. I don't want to give too much away but I loved how Karyn realized that in order to possibly have a relationship with Jeff, she needed to work on herself first.

Hot Text is another home-run by Quinn. My only complaint (which is small) is that there wasn't enough sexting! I was hoping for more dirty texting between Jeff and Karyn. But that's okay. They more than made up for it when they got creative with Karyn's paints

C+/B-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Text.