Stephen's Reviews > The Death Cure

Nov 13, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: awful, biotechnology, disease
Read in November, 2011

Now that everyone knows that I hated the book I'll say this first: I loved the Maze Runner and Scorch Trails was okay but this, THIS was an all time low for James Dashner.
(view spoiler)
Now, if you read the "Spoiler" you will know how this book got a one star. I know I over-deflate my ratings sometimes but this, this deserves negative stars, if that is possible. James Dashner should have made the maze runner a standalone novel. Say WICKED gets what they want and so be it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Death Cure.

Emily Rose I totally agree with you. And I've realized now after reading your review that a big problem with this book is that there's no villain. The first two books were great because they DID have a villain--WICKED--and WICKED was a good, dramatic villain because we didn't know their intentions except that they were torturing the characters. In this book, we lern that WICKED is good, so they don't make a good villain anymore. The only villain was the Flare but I don't think natural obstacles make menacing, convincing villains. And I hated brenda as well >:(

Stephen Ꮛmily Ꮢose Ꮠnϯø †ᏲᏋ ҬᏒЄᏋ†ʘp wrote: "I totally agree with you. And I've realized now after reading your review that a big problem with this book is that there's no villain. The first two books were great because they DID have a villai..."

Thank you! Someone who agrees!

Michael Brant I disagree that they were selfish. The Chancellor concluded that WICKED had done unspeakable evil and they were losing the war. Their own head scientist had caught the virus and was losing it. It was time to give up and let the remaining munies start over.

I found it ironic and sad, but also a statement of power, that the virus was intentionally released for population control. And backfired. I think that was the central irony of the whole series.

message 4: by lissette (new) - added it

lissette I also agree with you. I never liked Brenda either, she was pretty annoying

Ceri M Steer-tintin and, well, i like brenda.

Ceri M Steer-tintin does that bother u????? i like her more then teresa. ever sence the scorch, and that aris thing, i hated teres.