Diane's Reviews > Beautiful Brain, Beautiful You: Look Radiant from the Inside Out by Empowering Your Mind

Beautiful Brain, Beautiful You by Marie Pasinski

Nov 13, 11

Read in October, 2011

I actually learned many things from this book that I found useful, the most important one being "Indulge in the New". Dr. Pasinski says that opening yourself up to new experiences, even such simple things as taking a different route to work, going to museum on your lunch hour, or signing up for the Daily Word email where a new word is emailed to you everyday (Katie Couric does this), can help your brain make new connections and keep you younger and healthier. I moved from a small town to big city a few years ago, and I can tell you that new experiences definitely make for a better life.

There are "seven steps to a better, smarter you" in this book, and it is filled with concrete suggestions from a Harvard Medical School graduate, now a neurologist at Massachusetts General Hospital. She not only gives you great ideas, but she also explains the science behind it in an understandable way. From eating healthier to exercising to revving up your social life, Dr. Pasinski's book can help women, particularly women heading toward menopause, have a beautiful brain and a beautiful life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Brain, Beautiful You.