Scarlet's Reviews > Looking for Alibrandi

Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta

Mar 16, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, favorites, realistic-fiction, romance, teen, young-adult, made-me-cry, amazing-writing, aussie
Recommended for: everyone
Read from March 15 to 16, 2012 — I own a copy

Did I mention how much I love Melina Marchetta?

The book was amazing, emotional, excellent, page turner, hard to put down...just like all her books.

P.S. I would like to read Looking for Coote now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Looking for Alibrandi.

Quotes Scarlet Liked

Melina Marchetta
“You don't die. You just... get really angry and then after you're angry you hurt a lot and then the best thing is that one day you remember something she said or did and you laugh instead of crying.”

Melina Marchetta
“Promise me you'll never stop dreaming.”

Melina Marchetta
“I just don't trust people who have bodies that change with their moods.
Well then you'll never trust the opposite sex again.”

Melina Marchetta
“You're the father of the person who is my life.”

Melina Marchetta
“It's too late. Seventeen-year-olds don't need fathers.
Oh god. I'm thirty-four years old and I need a father. I can't even begin to think what my daughter needs.”

Melina Marchetta
“Your problems are out there. But they're small. They only grow out of proportion when they climb inside your head.”
tags: josie, lee

Melina Marchetta
“Living is the challenge. Not dying. Dying is so easy. Sometimes it only takes ten seconds to die. But living? That can take you eighty years and you do something in that time.”

Melina Marchetta
“And when you'd finished running you'd be thousands of miles away from people who love you and your problem would still be there except you'd have nobody to help you.”

Melina Marchetta
“I'm beginning to realize that things don't turn out the way you want them to. And sometimes, when they don't they can turn out just a little bit better.”

Melina Marchetta
“Because photos are testimony that someone did live. A reminder of past we may have loved or hated. A piece of our lives.”

Melina Marchetta
“You can't think for other people. Nor can you feel for them or be them. They have to do that for themselves.”

Melina Marchetta
“To have somone hold you could be the greatest medicine of all.”

Melina Marchetta
“Simple dreams are the hardest to come true”
tags: dream

03/15/2012 page 180
56.0% "Liječim se od "trovanja očiju" Tempestom sa dobrom, starom Melinom i već ju OBOŽAVAM! Anna Selicic je iz Hrvatske, a Jacob Coote je pravi Grga Čvarak pa je logično da ga obožavam. :D" 1 comment