Kirsti's Reviews > Five Go to Smuggler's Top

Five Go to Smuggler's Top by Enid Blyton

Nov 13, 11

Read in November, 2011

"Five go to smuggler's top" was actually one of the last Five books I read, even though it is number 4 in the series. It was hard to find a copy originally, and I had to make do with a more modern publication than some of the others I own.

What starts off as a lovely easter holidays at Kirrin soon turns into adventure, with a large tree hitting the house making it impossible for the children to stay there. They are packed off to stay with a friend of Uncle Quentin's, and his son, a boy Julian and Dick know from school, Sooty. The house is a mysterious one, filled with secret passageways. It's a good thing too, because Mr Lenoir doesn't like dogs, and the children have to hide Timmy during the day.

Smugglers, mystery and intrigue are the order of the day, culminating in the kidnapping of Uncle Quentin and Sooty beneath the catacombs of the house. Lucky Timmy is there to save the day, bite the kidnappers and eventually bring them to justice! He has a close call of his own, almost drowning in the swamp, but Uncle Quentin's quick thinking saves the dog he always seems to dislike.

A quick paced, rollicking adventure that is still as much fun as when I picked it up years ago. I do love me some Famous Five!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Five Go to Smuggler's Top.

hawa goolab i didn't read it yet.Im buying the book but im not receiving it:(

Kirsti On your kindle?