Cindy's Reviews > Tigerheart

Tigerheart by Peter David

Jul 24, 2015

bookshelves: fiction, read-in-2008
Recommended to Cindy by: fantasy book critic
Read in August, 2008

I was surprised by how much I liked this book. The first 20 or so pages I was little hesitant to keep reading the book. But after that it picked up and I couldn't put it down. I kept wondering what was going to happen or what adventure was going to happen.

We all know that "the boy" is Peter Pan. But he isn't the main main character which was great. I loved that there were old characters and new ones mixed in it.

The way the story is told, as if it's a story teller telling you the story was a great way to tell the story. Sometimes at times it got really wordy, but overall I felt it was a new and interesting way to tell the story. It was change from all the other ways that fantasy stories are told.

I did like the change in fantasy. As most books now are Harry Potterish, it was a relief to see someone trying something new in the terms of books.

The one slight problem I had with this book was the naming of the Indians. I felt it was a little, off. I know it was for humor but I just felt that names such as "Dog Licking Self" was a little offensive. And the name kept coming up. That was my only real problem with the book. Oh and the fact that NONE of the Indians knew how to speak proper English, then again this is the Boy's world so maybe that's how he wanted it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tigerheart.