Heather's Reviews > Rock and a Hard Place

Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton

Wow, I started this book this morning, and could not put it down... I ended up finishing it in the same day. My husband asked me how it was, since I apparently barely looked up from the pages. My first response was that it was so so sweet... but then I started thinking about it, and this book is actually almost anything but. Though the story is overwrought with horrible occurrences that keep bringing our main character Libby down, I couldn't help but fall in love with it, and was an emotional train wreck while reading it ( even if it was only for 1 day).

Libby has lost everything, her family and any semblance of the normal and happy life she once had. She is now stuck with her verbally abusive and alcoholic aunt, who clearly hates her, and does everything she can to keep Libby away from anyone who might care about her. One day while at her favorite nature spot, she meets Peter, who's on a break from touring the country with his incredibly successful band, while they stopped to have a picnic. They hit it off immediately, and an incredibly sweet and loving relationship begins. I don't want to continue to give too much more of the plot away, but the young couple does encounter some major setbacks... especially Libby. Though through a series of events they are finally able to figure things out.

Be warned, this book is incredibly emotional. It's a hard look at the real situations that so many unfortunate young people are facing, and facing it with no one to help them. I think that's what hits so hard, though the story is fiction... Somewhere out there is a girl living through an extremely similar situation... but with no rockstar to come and save her.

This book is definitely worth a shot. Although it's not going to go on my can't wait to re-read shelf, as of right now I think it's climbing its way to being one of my favorites. Just be sure that before you begin, you have tissues ready and are prepared for the emotional journey you're about to begin.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock and a Hard Place.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Angie Stanton Hi Heather, I just saw your review of Rock and a Hard Place. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. Sorry about the tissues. I never realized it would be such a tear jerker. :) Thanks for taking the time to read and review it.

Angie

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina Hill Thx for the review..I'm downloading it!

message 3: by Jordan (new) - added it

Jordan Walker Threw the book at the wall because I didn't want to cry about it also read snapshot (another jamieson novel) and about the samething happened but I want to know if there will be one about the other brother becuase that one would be very interesting( Angie staton if you are reading this is a "hint, hint") okay well read it and try not to weep other people of goodreads

Angie Stanton Jordan wrote: "Threw the book at the wall because I didn't want to cry about it also read snapshot (another jamieson novel) and about the samething happened but I want to know if there will be one about the other..."

Haha! Yes, there will be a third book featuring Garrett Jamieson. It should be a doozy, as all his bad behavior has caught up with him. That book comes out next May.
~Angie

message 5: by Grace (new)

Grace Angi I just want to say I love your books. Not a bad word to say. I live in the UK and in America for holiday and found this book normally I read a book in 5 days and I have read 2 books in 1 day please can U right some more ! Would love to know what happends to libby and peter and also marti and adam. I Can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed this book thanks x

Angie Stanton Hi Grace,
I love emails like yours! I'm so glad you enjoyed the books. And, wow! Two books in a day. You're a machine.
Under the Spotlight, Garrett's book, will release in May 2015. Sorry for the wait. :)
~Angie