ABookFiend's Reviews > Wish List

Wish List by John  Locke

Nov 12, 11

bookshelves: series, thriller

I purchased this book based on reviews and it did not disappoint. I consider it a bargain at 99 cents. This book is full of intriguing characters and after reading it, I immediately looked for more in the Donovan Creed series.

This book has Donovan Creed (former CIA agent) take a back seat for the sad tale of Buddy Pancake. Buddy is an average middle-aged guy who is mislead by a childhood friend into joining an online website called The Wishlist where four wishes are granted. Too bad most people didn't read the fine print which detailed the possible high price for each wish granted. This story was original and very entertaining to read. At the beginning, I thought Donovan Creed was a creep and Buddy Pancake the hero but by the end, I had reversed my opinion - somewhat. Donovan Creed was still creepy but in a nicer way. This is the first book I have read by this author and it made me want to read more about Donovan Creed and Rachael. This story stands alone but reading previous works in this series might have added more to all the back stories.

The idea that when properly motivated, people will go to any lengths and yes, this includes even those who would protest otherwise. This story was penned with a dark sardonic twist. It made for fast page turning and I finished this book in one reading. I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in dark humor and thrillers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish List.