Tracie Momie's Reviews > Remember Me?

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

Jun 15, 2008

Recommended for: anyone looking for a quick, fun and entertaining read.
Read in June, 2008

Okay this was my second book by Sophie Kinsella and I was not disappointed. In fact, I was so delighted that mid-book I checked out a copy of her book, Can You Keep A Secret? from library.

I really enjoyed Remember Me? Although the heroine in the book Lexi Smart was reminiscent of the heroine in Undomestic Goddess (also the same in Can You Keep A Secret?) the storyline itself was pretty formulatic just like Undomestic Goddess and Can You Keep A Secret but they are all so well written that you get lost in the story before you realize the "moral" is pretty much the same.

Lexi Smart wakes up with amnesia and has a three year gap in her memory. Her fabulous new life doesn't turn out so fabulous as she realizes material things don't make her happy. Even her "perfect" husband is too perfect. She longs for the woman she once was and realizes that she liked herself a lot better when there wasn't so much pressure to keep up appearances.

I thought it was clever (I use that word a lot when describing Kinsella's books) albeit immoral to have Lexi rediscover who she truly is through the relationship she had with her lover. I really enjoyed the book and found it a quick, entertaining read. Perfect for laying on the beach or taking on public transport to pass the time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remember Me?.