Xan's Reviews > The Chronicles of Harris Burdick: 14 Amazing Authors Tell the Tales

The Chronicles of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg

Mar 01, 12

bookshelves: damn-you-book-tease, why-eh-sometimes-j, fantastical, shorts, sigh-fy
Read from February 27 to 29, 2012

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but imagine being left with only the picture and a few words when a mysterious author promised more or so the tale of Harris Burdick goes. And so 14 well known authors took on the challenge of creating stories to go along with the images drawn by Burdick which have stood silent for so many years. There was horror, humor, fantasy and sci-fi, each story as rich and vivid as the picture it represented, deeply layered and often full of surprises. Non of them was what I myself had imagined the pictures to tell, (except perhaps the bump in the carpet), but then isn't that the beauty of the imagination? I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good short story, (and appreciates a pretty picture to tempt the other senses).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chronicles of Harris Burdick.