Chelsea's Reviews > Hex Hall

6031968
Aug 14, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal-romance, supernatural
Read from August 13 to 14, 2012, read count: 1

This book was full of interesting characters that I really liked as well as plot twists that keep you guessing throughout the story.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hex Hall.

Quotes Chelsea Liked

“Good luck explaining to God that you used to spank one of his heavenly beings."
Mom gave a startled laugh. "Sophie!"
"What? You did. I hope you like hot weather, Mom, that's all I'm saying.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“Let's just say you may regret that second piece of cake.'
Oh my God. Regret cake? Whatever was about to happen must be truly evil.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“So if you can heal with your touch, why are you working here as like, Hagrid, or whatever?”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“Archer isn't hot anymore.... He tried to kill me, and his girlfriend is Satan.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“The "Holy-crap-that's-a-lot-of-pink" zone would have been a more accurate description.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“Archer Cross, resident bad boy and total heartthrob. Warlock. Every girl here is at least, like, half in love with him. Crushing on Archer Cross might as well be a class.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“He raised an eyebrow, which made me totally jealous. I've never been able to do that. I always just end up raising both of them and looking surprised or scared instead of sardonic.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“I may be a loser, but hey, at least I'm a loser who can do magic, right?”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“I opened my eyes to stare at a bright blue tulle monstrosity with a skirt that would hit me at mid thigh. I'd look like the really slutty bride of Cookie Monster.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“Hey,you might be able to take away my magical powers, but the power of sarcasm was still at my disposal.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“The "Holy-crap-that's-a-lot-of-pink" Zone would have been a more accurate description.
I don't know what I was expecting a vampire's room to look like. Maybe lots of black, a bunch of books by Camus...oh, and a sensitive portrait of the only human the vamp had ever loved, who had no doubt died of something beautiful and tragic, thus dooming the vamp to an eternity of moping and sighing romantically.
What can I say? I read a lot of books.
But this room looked like it had been decorated by the unholy lovechild of Barbie and Strawberry Shortcake.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“I'm impressed." I meant it, and he nodded his head in thanks.
"Yeah, turning jars into soda.Let the world tremble before my power.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“You okay?" Archer asked as he opened the door.
"Yeah," I said, but I was freaked out. "It's just...Can I ask you something really weird?"
"Those are my favorite kinds of questions.”

“They're pretty conspicuous."
"Why? Are they green and horny?" I willed a blush away and said, "I mean, as in having horns,not...the other.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“Jenna had started swimming in the deep end of the pity pool.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“I am not snotty!" I nearly yelped.
He leaned back on his elbows, a wicked smile on his face. "Please.The first day I met you,you practically had a layer of permafrost covering you.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

“Both of us widened our eyes and said, "Whoa."
Then I immediately blushed. Oh my God, had I just looked at Archer and said, "Whoa"?
But...wait a minute. Had Archer just looked at me and said, "Whoa"?
We just kind of stared at each other. Archer more than deserved his "whoa." This was a boy who could make a school uniform look good. What he did to formal wear was damn near criminal.”

08/13/2012 page 132