Nicola 's Reviews > I've Got Your Number

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit, cover-appeal, library-books, humour, title-appeal, best-of-2012
Read from March 02 to 05, 2012, read count: 1

It took me a good few days to finish this one. Not because it was bad, but because I just didn't want it to end so I took it slow and savoured it. Now I have to go back to eagerly awaiting Kinsella's next release! I've Got Your Number was every bit as wonderful as I expected it to be and just as original and hilarious as Kinsella's previous novels. Every few pages I was laughing out loud and I hated having to set the book down!

Poppy Wyatt is an incredibly likeable character and I was rooting for her from the very beginning. She's due to get married very, very soon but she's lost her engagement ring. Instead of just owning up and telling her fiancé, she decides to try to figure things out on her own... with disastrous consequences. The first few pages were not the most exciting but then Poppy does a singing telegram for a bunch of Japanese businessmen and from then on I was hooked! I knew that I would be amused the rest of the way through.

Throughout the novel, Poppy manages to get herself in to all sorts of bizarre situations, all in an effort to find her ring and to help out the stranger whose phone she has stolen. Poppy has a habit of getting the wrong end of the stick but her heart is always in the right place. She really does just want to help people out, even if it doesn't quite work out right every time! The friendship between her and Sam is fun to watch and their texts (which are a large part of this book) were wonderful. I suppose you could say this is a romance novel but the focus is much more on Poppy's ring situation and Sam's business situation.

Needless to say, I adored this book though I never expected not to. If you're a fan of Kinsella's already, you will definitely enjoy I've Got Your Number. If you're looking for a fun and entertaining read, I suggest giving this one (or any of Kinsella's novels) a try.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Got Your Number.

Quotes Nicola Liked

Sophie Kinsella
“We're playing Scrabble. It's a nightmare."

"Scrabble?" He sounds surprised. "Scrabble's great."

"Not when you're playing with a family of geniuses, it's not. They all put words like 'iridiums'. And I put 'pig'.”
Sophie Kinsella, I've Got Your Number

Sophie Kinsella
“I don't speak Japanese, I don't know anything about Japanese business or Japanese culture. Apart from sushi. But I can't exactly go up to him and say "Sushi!" out of the blue. It would be like going up to a top American businessman and saying, "T-bone steak!”
Sophie Kinsella, I've Got Your Number

03/02/2012 page 0
0.0% "I love the library!!"
show 1 hidden update…