Jason's Reviews > Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Mar 06, 12

bookshelves: for-kindle, 2012, reviewed
Read in March, 2012

Apparently Steve Jobs was a bit of a crazy person. An undiagnosed sufferer of at least three different personality disorders (that I could count), he could be strangely oversensitive in one moment and fiercely intimidating the next. I suppose this shouldn’t have come as a surprise, as he was not the first creative genius in history who struggled with interpersonal relationships. But still

Dear Steve,

I know you’re not around anymore, but let me just tell you that I am very disturbed to learn how manipulative and abusive you were to those around you. Honestly, I don’t understand how anyone could have worked with you, let alone buy your products.

Yours truly,
Jason
__________

Sent from my iPhone

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steve Jobs.

03/04/2012
60.0% "Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janice (new)

Janice love!! sent from my iphone! i think you are my favorite person today!

Jason ha! i'm glad i was able to amuse you. :)
i must admit, i kinda snarfed a little myself after writing it!

message 3: by Janice (new)

Janice I'm sure you did!

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Galvin-Combet Sent from my iPhone, lol!! My father read the book and gave it to me. I'll break into it eventually.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Blackley Sent from an iPhone . . . oh the irony.

message 6: by Francesca (new) - added it

Francesca Viola Lol!! Sent from an iPhone

message 7: by Abbie (new)

Abbie this is hilarious! i especially appreciate that you posted your comment from your iPhone. LOVE!

message 8: by Allisen (new)

Allisen Lemay but you dont even have an iphone! :)

message 9: by Allisen (new)

Allisen Lemay or did you finally decide to get a phone thats smart?

Jason I don't have an iPhone, I was being facetious. :)

message 11: by Allisen (new)

Allisen Lemay i got that part, but then thought maybe there was an iota of hope for you, and maybe you had actually caved and bought an iphone. :)

Jason Nope!

message 13: by Bailey (last edited May 11, 2012 02:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bailey Well said! You articulated what my thoughts were better than I could have myself.

Debbie Sent from my iPhone ...hilarious!

Shannon well played. After years of admiring the output, but not adopting it, I can only summarize it with Jobs was a D-bag.

message 16: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Walker That was sheer amusement

Carey Shea I loved this book. What made it so entertaining is Steve Jobs narcissism, crazy behavior and so on. However, the man was a genius. He had such an innovative mind. Yeah, he was an asshole but he created great products. If it wasn't for his perfectionism they may not have come out as good as they did.

Jason He was definitely an innovator. I'm sure Apple mourns his loss in more ways than one.

Miss0me loved the sent from my iphone !

Miss0me however , in a recent HBR , Walter Isacson has written success tips from steve jobs. what lacked in his book was that Walter didnt put in his views on how he thought Steve's actions meant . His opinion wasnt shown in the book , so his article in HBR reflects that.