harlequin {Stephanie}'s Reviews > Once in a Full Moon

Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: ugh-ugh-ugh, books-i-hated
Read in April, 2012

I'll be honest. I cried while reading this... when my mp3 player died in the middle of my Vayden album.

I was really prepared to like this even though I knew it would be a fluff book. About halfway through I tried throwing in the towel, but ended up stranded on the couch with my 80lb pitbull using my lap as a pillow sooo I grudgingly finished it.

First I rented this for the werewolf sighting -what I really wanted!

and what we get is chad Kroeger. No. I am deadly serious.

That is just NOT OK!

The character of Celeste is a waste of space. Brandon saves her from a pack of wolves and she won't even admit to anyone that he saved her. PLUS, it takes an eon for her to get around to even saying thank you. She is superficial and cares only about her status and what her friends think about everything she does and who she even talks to. She worries about losing her bff's because they might find out she's dating A WESTSIDER *GASP*.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once in a Full Moon.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anzu (new)

Anzu The Great Destroyer Loooooooooooooool good one :))

Aly is so frigging bored LOOOOL Stephanie =)) that sounded like a torture session

message 3: by Anzu (new)

Anzu The Great Destroyer I still admire her for managing to finish it :p Maybe her pup liked the book and was forcing her to join him in his avid reading :))

harlequin {Stephanie} Anzu wrote: "I still admire her for managing to finish it :p Maybe her pup liked the book and was forcing her to join him in his avid reading :))"

Now that you mention it I thought I heard bad teen drama on the exhale while he snored. He has the sweetest snore. I mean very manly. I don't want to give him a complex.

I usually always finish books I start. Unless they are really, really BAD. *hears pink floyd in head - "If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"*

I may not recommend the book, but the band is faboo.

message 5: by Anzu (new)

Anzu The Great Destroyer Looooooooooooool I just love it when animals snore. My car does the same thing.. Very loud :/ And she's a female. So it's worse from her side because it's not very lady0like :))

Yeah.. I'd probably never get mean with the way I drop books that I don't like.

The band is indeed faboo :>

harlequin {Stephanie} My car does the same thing.. Very loud :/ And she's a female. So it's worse from her side because it's not very lady0like :))

You do me cat? My other girl puppy is a cat trapped in a dogs body. The two babies love to hate each other. He is actually scared of her which is funny since she is half the size of him.

Yeah.. I'd probably never get mean with the way I drop books that I don't like.

I am making a new vow to myself if a book blows (especially a ya one) I will put the freaking thing down. My last few ya reads makes me want to cull my shelves but then you end up missing that one in a million book that's buried beneath all the twilight clones. I'm sure they aren't all bad, just all the same.

Just have to pay closer attention to reviews.

message 7: by Anzu (new)

Anzu The Great Destroyer Loooooooooooooool nice typo =)))) Yeah I meant cat :))

Awww I love it when cats and dogs get along :D

Yep, that's the problem. They're becoming too generic, nothing unique in there anymore. I'm trying to focus on some unpopular books but no luck yet. I'm also choosing my friends better in order to trust their ratings and reviews. Doesn't always work though.