Ruby's Reviews > Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1

Twilight by Young Kim

Nov 11, 11

I was not a big fan of Twilight and only recently have have become a fan of graphic novels, but the combination of the two in Twilight The Graphic Novel really worked well. The drawings in this book are of high quality and the composition is beautiful and detailed. The drawings gave me plenty of information to help develop the setting and the characters throughout the story, with help from the dialogue bubbles of course. I think one of the reasons I liked the graphic novel is because the drawings add to the mystique of the characters and I did not have a particular image in my mind about the characters when I read the novel and I haven’t seen the movie so I the images were fresh for me. The drawings featured lots of gorgeous, whispy hair, freakishly large, but perfect eyes, sepia coloring, and several extreme close ups. All of it worked for me.

I would recommend the book to students, especially reluctant readers who have not yet read the novel. Volume I feels like the first half of a novel so the story feels incomplete and I think it would need to be quickly followed by Volume II.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.