Mel's Reviews > Evangelina Green

Evangelina Green by Susan Firtik

Dec 21, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, erotica, witches, kindle-edition, 3-stars-books, fiction, werewolves, vampires, supernatural
Read from December 09 to 20, 2011

Evangelina Green has recently undertaken the mighty job of restoring her and her sister’s childhood summer home into its former glory; coincidently she is trying to, hopefully, help revitalize the town as well. However, being back to this house doesn’t only bring back memories; it also brings back secrets and stirs huge trouble that is somehow connected to her past. More intriguing it is that all the unraveling events are somehow connected to her unknown father; demonstrating that when destiny knocks on your doorstep there is little you can do to avoid it.

The authors of most – if not all – of the series I have read so far, when having multiple characters to develop, have a tendency to give each characters his/her own book to fully explore their story; meanwhile those character’s participations in other installments of the same series tend to have little showcasing. Something I found refreshing and ended up enjoying about Firtik’s writing is that she took the time to feature other sisters and their love interests; even thought this seems to be a series just like any other. However, I felt that it chopped the story a bit in some places while in other there was a natural transition between the intertwining stories.

The world construct presents sexy werewolves, mysterious vampires, an evil witch and a demon; all very well defined characters. My only complaint is that, in a few parts, the action in the story slowed to a crawl; this parts usually where too centered on brushing and cleaning and re-building the House to its former glory. The House is another character in the story; one that hopefully will have a major plot line in future books. However, this is the first book of a series so the foundation for the story needs to be set.

Overall I enjoyed the story and I am looking forward to the next installment, Tatianna Yellow (from which an excerpt is included at the end of the book). Her story was left hanging and I want to know what will happen to her and her sexy vampire.

Parts of this review were originally posted in my blog.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evangelina Green.

Susan Thanks, Mel. YOU understand! ha The books are about ALL the sisters with a slightly heavier featuring of one in each book. Thanks for taking the time to read my "first born". !

message 2: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel I enjoyed it, when is the second one coming out? I would love to read it too.

Susan Almost done with TY (short for Tatianna Yellow) - between full time work, hobby farm and now a hubby with a broken leg!..I haven't had much time to write or edit. With holidays over... I think maybe 2-3 weeks and EG's sister will be ready to leave the nest!
Thanks for asking!

message 4: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel Hey, i know what it is to have a hectic lifestyle; i'm a full-time college student + part-time English and Spanish tutor + my boyfriend + my family + my own writing + my blog... yeah i know about hectic. Don't worry, i was just curious to know.

Susan thanks for your interest - gives me incentive to WRITE when I get blocked