Wendy Darling's Reviews > League of Strays

League of Strays by L.B. Schulman

How ironic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read League of Strays.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Wendy Darling I have been trying to stay out of this one, but it's impossible to ignore this.

On the plus side, there were only 147 people who saw that tweet.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa The tweet appears to be gone now. What did it say?

The Holy Terror Lisa wrote: "The tweet appears to be gone now. What did it say?"

She deleted it, though obviously not soon enough.

She also allegedly reached out to the STGRB blog to tell her "story."

message 4: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy The Holy Terror wrote: "She also allegedly reached out to the STGRB blog to tell her "story."

Oh... I want to say that's probably not the best idea she's ever had, but based on reviews I've seen of her book and that tweet I don't think she's had very many good ideas in her life.

message 5: by Ceilidh (new)

Ceilidh Come on guys, are you telling me you don't find online bullying, shaming and harassment to be utterly hilarious? You bullies.

Seriously though, fuck these hypocrites.

message 6: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Well, there goes that idea that she didn't mean it.

message 7: by Howdy YAL (last edited Jul 17, 2012 01:50PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Howdy YAL There's also a comment on STGRB that appears to be her since an author is whining about how her book about bullying was trashed by readers and says that Net Galley's standards aren't hard enough.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa The Holy Terror wrote: "Lisa wrote: "The tweet appears to be gone now. What did it say?"

She deleted it, though obviously not soon enough.

She also allegedly reached out to the STGRB blog to tell her "story.""

Thanks for the link to a screenshot of her tweet. I can't believe anyone would support that site. Very sad.

message 9: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair YAL Book Briefs wrote: "There's also a comment on STGRB that appears to be her since an author is whining about how her book about bullying was trashed by readers and says that Net Galley's standards aren't hard enough."

Yeah, I saw that. Very sad.

Amanda (Pearl the Book Girl) wow. Just...wow. Did you see their FAQ? Your's is coming Wendy *huge eyeroll*

Howdy YAL Stephanie wrote: " YAL Book Briefs wrote: "There's also a comment on STGRB that appears to be her since an author is whining about how her book about bullying was trashed by readers and says that Net Galley's standa..."

I just check again and saw that, that has been removed as well. Hope someone took a screen shot. I would've but I was at work.

message 12: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair I certainly did, YAL.

Skyla I'm kind of like "Why is this not over with yet? Why do they keep doing stupid things?"

Howdy YAL Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "I'm kind of like "Why is this not over with yet? Why do they keep doing stupid things?""

Because llams don't know when enough is enough, simple as that. And it's still continuing besides Anynomous deleting her comment I also noticed that Peter Pan has posted a comment to the lasted entry linking several more reviews. It seems like that they're going to be here annoying us for awhile.

message 15: by Christina (new)

Christina Wilder I don't think the mentality of "the enemy of the enemy is my friend" is a great one, especially since reviewers are not your enemies. People are allowed to dislike books.

I, for one, could not STAND Little Women, but I saw how people COULD love it. Wonder if that makes me a "bully" to the memory of Ms. Alcott?

Wendy Darling The thing is, I have an ARC so I was going to have a look at the book anyway to see how I felt about the controversial scene. And I understood how the author's daughter--if that was the truth, and not a sock puppet account--might've felt compelled to comment on a negative review of her mother's book, although I hope she's been told what a bad idea that is.

But with that tweet, it seems very clear that she's going to play the victim and throw her lot in with a site that is so clearly doing what she is supposedly advocating against.

Wendy Darling PS, thanks for linking to the screencap, THT--I'm horribly distracted these days.

message 18: by Braiden (new)

Braiden I posted something about it here: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php... Hope you have a read Wendy :)

message 19: by Soumi (new)

Soumi I just saw the post..some one called peter pan posted this http://stopthegrbullies.com/, a whole site? seriously ?

message 20: by Mike (new)

Mike Why is it so ironic?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

If you read the comments above yours, Mike, that question has been answered for you.

message 22: by Mike (new)

Mike Oh. When I wrote the comment, no others were displaying. Idk what's up with that.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Not a problem! Goodreads has been really buggy the last few days, what with notifications and now apparently this.