Visionary's Reviews > The Betrayal

The Betrayal by Sheila Hendrix

Nov 13, 11

Read from November 11 to 13, 2011

The premise of this book sounded good, and I have a son getting into reading. The last book he read I read before to see if it would be to his speed.

Thus far, we meet the two brothers and the demon.

14% in, and I must say I like how the story flows, the way it reads. I can see my son Zack and Matt's background has been revealed and answered several of the questions I had had about the brothers.

Curious about the background of the demon and hope the deeper in the story I get, the more we'd learn about them.

The dialogue between Zak and Matt do have the feel of how two teenage brothers would behave. It's very heartfelt the way that Zack never gives up on his brother no matter what happens to Matt. It shows a certain bit of tenaciousness that's good.

Mm, when we are introduced to the cops Bryan and Tony. There was a brief synopsis on how the brother met with the cop duo. The way that read really put me the impression that there is a story there, that maybe there is a possibility of a prologue or "flash" back to further explain.

I also got the impression that perhaps the supernatural has haunted their parents. Guess too many paranormal book reading and movies. Parents trying to protect the children by abandoning them. That the parents set up a trust fund sort of inforces this idea.

Overall the story was a smooth read, one that I can see letting my son read.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Betrayal.

message 1: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Hendrix Thank you Rachel! I appreciate it and I hope your son likes it.

Sheila