Jeanne's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Jul 15, 08

Recommended to Jeanne by: my housemate Jeana -thanks :)
Recommended for: anyone

Oh this book... even though it is written from the point of view of a swooning teenager (which I have vowed to never do... ever) it has captivated me and all my senses. Everything that Bella feels, I feel. I feel her joy, her misery and her irrevocable love for Edward. I think that's what hooks us. Once I started reading Twilight, 11pm on a Thursday evening, I couldn't put it down. I was up till 6am reading, unintentionally hooked to every word. Every time I thought I could put the book down and sleep something else would pull me right back in. However I do have some problems with Stephanie Meyer's writing. I constantly have to keep in mind that Twilight is Young Adult Fiction. The love that is protrayed is not love (I know this can be argued), yet deep down inside me the screaming fangirl kept squirming at the thought of having a vampire who was in love with me at the front of my mind. Bella disappointed me. She was portrayed as mature 17 year old in the beginning yet her clumsy, stubborn, clingy, whiny and needy traits infuriated me. She is not a female heroine. It's the hormones people!!! She is everything I hate and love about teenagers. So while I hate this book sometimes I am still hooked. It surprised me how much I actually love these books. It was a good read. I would recommend at least one round of reading. I even convinced my house mates boyfriend to read it. He loved it. However not enough to read the next books. So if you're looking at my review I would suggest you pick up a copy and read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.