Vesra (When She Reads)'s Reviews > My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Nov 15, 09

bookshelves: 2009, borrowed, literary, favorites, pub-washington-square-press, book-club, women-fiction, young-adult
Recommended for: anybody
Read in November, 2009, read count: 1

if you seen the movie, I say read the book. it's the same but not as much as you think it is.

I knew of this book for a while ow, but i didn't know what's it was all about, but of course, I ended up letting it piled up in my TBRs for the longest time. Until the movie came....

I have a soft spot in anything that's being regard as a "spare part child". It has become an itch, or a peeve if you may, an issue this book has managed to portray.

I found myself trying to read it through whenever I could. This book comprised of first hand experience from all of the characters involved. The book centered on Anna, the specially engineered child by their parents, to be the sole donor for her older sister Kate, who is suffering from a rare kind of Leukemia. One day, she just suddenly said she had enough and decided to court to apply for Medical emancipation from her parents.

Personally this book is an emotional read for me. I got so absorbed in it, and I found myself feeling sorry for Anna through out the book. Regardless screaming somebody die already because i wanted to finish the book asap too lol.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Sister's Keeper.

Quotes Vesra Liked

Jodi Picoult
“Maybe who we are isn't so much about what we do, but rather what we're capable of when we least expect it.”
Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

Jodi Picoult
“Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.”
Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper