Kristi's Reviews > Dead Is the New Black

Dead Is the New Black by Christine DeMaio-Rice

Dec 23, 11

bookshelves: family, free, friendship, intrigue, mystery, romance, suspense, requested-review
Read from December 15 to 23, 2011

I received this book for free from the author in exchange for a review.

Laura Carnegie (no relation, as Laura says) is in love with her boss, fashion designer Jeremy St James. When Laura finds a dead body in Jeremy's office she soon discovers that a lot of things in her life, including the people in it, are not what they seem.

When the police arrest Jeremy, Laura tries to prove his innocence. Her life becomes filled with suspense, intrigue, backstabbing, drama, love triangles galore, unrequited love, and a whole lot of fashion. It almost sounds like a daytime soap opera doesn't it? But it's not, it's a fashion avenue mystery. The almost overload of fashion designing information makes sure this idea is firmly planted in your head. However, by the second half of the book, you are wholly ensconced into the mystery with Laura as she works to remove the suspicion off of herself, tries to find missing buttons, investigates her co-workers, breaks up a fashion counterfeiting ring, and we can't forget the fashion show.

DeMaio-Rice has written a definitely interesting read, and for anyone with fashion sense (of which I have none) this will highly enlighten and entertain. For us fashion-challenged the mystery and the plot twist will be more than enough to hold you til the end.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Is the New Black.