Books to the Sky's Reviews > Hidden Heart

Hidden Heart by Camelia Miron Skiba

Nov 11, 2011

liked it
Read from November 21 to 23, 2011

Check out more reviews at www.bookstothesky.com

This book had a lot of obstacles for the characters to overcome. Tessa starts out on vacation, only to find out she needs to leave early. She ends up having a one night stand with a man (Alessandro), who she held onto during an earthquake, before dashing off back to her home country.

As the story goes on, Tessa finds herself in difficult situations: being accused of fraud in her job, her ex-boyfriend beats her and leaves her for dead, the unexpected pregnancy she intended to terminate but then decides to keep and then loses it in the assault, and then trying to find herself again.

Alessandro was the ever patient man. He does all he can to help her and waits for Tessa to want to see him again.

While I enjoyed the premise of this book, I found I had a had time connecting to the characters. The dialogue felt a bit unnatural for me. I had a hard time imagining people speaking to one another the way they do in this story.

Not to mention that there was SO much for Tessa to overcome.

The other thing I struggled with was the passage of time. I realize that time needed to pass in this story in order for it to make sense, but I felt like there would be a sudden time jump and I would have to realize it was a few days, weeks, or even months later. This left me a bit confused at points in the book.

Despite the setbacks, I enjoyed the romance between Tessa and Alessandro.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Heart.

11/22/2011 page 50