Reina's Reviews > One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

Jul 29, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: for-school, classics, character-driven

This book grew on me. It started out just being one of those books you read in school, and for a while I was quite bored of the book.
From 3 on was when things really picked up for me, I was getting bored of the 'scenery' (the ward) and so when the patients went out on the fishing trip, it became much more interesting. And I think discussing this in class really adds to the meaning and I understand and make connections whereas if I had just been reading this alone, I wouldnt have caught them.

This book has possibly one of my favorite books scenes of ALL TIMES. The ward party at the end of the book just made my heart sing and laugh with joy. These bullied, emasculated, passive patients are finally having fun. Reading about all of the crazy fun things the patients were doing filled me with glee and giddy happyness.

There were other extremely funny scenes to read, like the short chapter where they're playing monopoly.

The Chief grew on me, at first I didnt feel as though I really cared for him, but as he became more "alive" I started to cheer for him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.