Alicia's Reviews > Northern Nights

Northern Nights by Theresa Scott

Nov 18, 11

Read from November 11 to 17, 2011

This book had a 4-star rating so obviously someone liked it. Unfortunately it wasn't to my liking. Keep in mind that everyone's opinions are different and everyone has different preferences in their reading so just because I didn't like it doesn't mean that you wont.

That being said, in my opinion it seemed like this book was written by an amateur. I'm not a professional or anything when it comes to this kind of stuff that's why I said "in my opinion." It had nothing to do with the way the Indians spoke their English, I understood that, it was the sentences themselves. A lot of sentences seemed short and choppy and the description of things was lacking, they needed to be more in-depth, more descriptive. A good book is one that transports the reader to another place and time, is full of drama, action and emotion and one that they can get lost in for hours and hate to see end. I couldn't find that with this book. Instead I found myself pushing to get through it just so I could start a different book. The storyline and plot had a lot of potential to be a great book if it had only been written better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Northern Nights.

11/11/2011 page 36