Katieeoh Lacanlale's Reviews > Before I Fall

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Nov 11, 11

bookshelves: engrossing, love, realization, life
Read in November, 2011

It was pretty odd if that was me. You know, waking up and its like a huge rewind of what happened…yesterday. But you can change it, just like a normal day, but when you sleep, all of what happened fades away and another day comes but it’s just the exact same day. That was the life that Samantha Kingston lived, while she was still alive….after her death.

First came the confusion, the second day turned out to be her denial on almost everything that’s been happening. Third came the thinking and realization why her days are always the same, next comes her plans on reliving these days and turning them out right. Then came her purpose, that she has something to do worthwhile that she’s still alive and maybe she can change everything that happened and might do something different. The came the fall.

Wondering what “the fall” means? You have to read the book to find out. ;)

I honestly cannot put this book down. Even though I’m not a fast-reader and I pause and stop reading, I still got drowned in this book all because of it’s mesmerizing story. This book is just wonderful. Lauren Oliver did a great job in playing with her words, much great context displayed and I love how she made everything connected until the very end of “the fall”. I enjoyed reading the book, it made me realize that every second of our life is important than anything else, that our life is precious and it’s moments, it goes on forever. Even our slightest decisions can change our lives forever and sometimes, we can never change it.

Read my full book review here.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Fall.