Annie Brewer's Reviews > Born at Midnight

Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter

Dec 24, 11

bookshelves: favorite, absolutely-amazingly-awesome, nook-books, irresistable-hot-guys, favorite-book-covers-of-2011, favorite-authors
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from November 22 to 26, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: once

WOW. Oh wow!! I am speechless! Born at Midnight was absolutely thrilling!! If I could have read it in one day, I totally would have! I didn not want to put that book down since I picked it up and started reading it. Unfortunately, my life is hectic and would not allow me to read it that quickly. I loved, loved, loved this book!! The plot, the suspense, the romance, the characters-all of it! Nothing but good raves about this book. On to the review now......

So Kylie Galen, a 16 year old ordinary girl gets caught at a party with drugs and alcohol. The cops break it up and she get's sent to a camp for "troubled teens". Or so she thinks that's what it is. But in reality, it's a camp for all supernaturals. Confused as to why she was sent to that scary uninviting place with witches, vampires, fairies, werewolves, and shapeshifters, she tries to find out some answers. Though since she was little she always had night terrors and saw ghosts. Or at least one in particular. Overtime, she dscovers she's not so normal after all. Eventually, she makes friends with her cabin mates Della, a vampire and Miranda a witch once she accepts them for who they are. Or shall I say, what they are. Their friendship grows and becomes something so beautiful. Miranda and Della would do anything for Kylie if she needed anything. As if things can't get more complicated on top of her parents also getting divorced and her boyfriend breaking up with her because she wont have sex with him. She falls hard for Lucas, a hot and mysteriously sexy werewolf and Derek, a sweet, caring, gorgeous green eyed half fae who makes your heart skip a beat. Finally fitting in for once in her life, eventhough she doesn't know exactly what she is yet because no one can really read her brain patterns. She finally enjoys her time at Shadow Falls Camp. So many discoveries unravel and she learns some shocking news about her parents, Lucas leaves the camp with a she-wolf, her feelings for Derek increase, her ghost finally talks to her asking for help in something important and it's enough to keep her from falling apart....

Well, I will stop there. I could go on and on about this book. But I feel everyone should read it. It is simply amazing! It has a great plot, plenty of action and edge of your seat events that keep you turning the page and the romance is oh-so-amazing! I can't chose between Derek and Lucas. They are both so damn sexy and I would love to have both for myself. Poor Kylie has to decide who she cares about more. Though the fact that Derek can manipulate her feelings is a slight turn off. But the way he cares for Kylie is magical and he is so patient with her. *sigh* He makes my heart skip a beat. But so does Lucas. In all honesty, I think either one would be just great for her. This new series is one I am so excited about. I have started the sequel and just love it. Five stars doesn't do justice for this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born at Midnight.

Quotes Annie Liked

C.C. Hunter
“She already had a headache-she didn't want to add 'get tortured' to today's to-do list.”

C.C. Hunter
“She's a serial kisser. I think her parents are French.”

C.C. Hunter
“Just because a guy rings your bell, doesn't mean you have to toot his horn.”

C.C. Hunter
“His eyes widened. Oh, hell, you think I'm going to let him bite me? No way. It's too risky and way too guy.”

C.C. Hunter
“I think he likes you" Miranda Whispered.
Realizing she and Derek had drawn attention, she glanced away. "He's probably just curious about me like everyone else" she whispered back.
"Nope. He's hot for you" Della said, reminding Kylie of the supernatural hearing of some of the campers. "When he was sitting by you at lunch, he oozed so much testosterone that it was hard to breathe. He wants your body" Della teased.
"Well, he's not getting it" Kylie said.”

C.C. Hunter
“Kylie watched as his shirttail upward, exposing a very hard abdomen. The hem of his shirt inched higher, and she took in the cutest inny belly button she'd ever seen. And then his chest. Solid. Hard. A few drops of water glistened against his skin. Hear heart beat to the sound of passion again.”

C.C. Hunter
“Burnett wasn't fooled, that was aparent by his expression, but he didn't argue, either. Well, as long as one didn't call slamming the door an argument.
"Jerk" Holiday muttered.
"I can hear you" he retorted from the other side of the wall.”

C.C. Hunter
“Change his mind. Tell him you're sorry you grilled his shorts." That you're sorry you've got ice running through your veins .”

C.C. Hunter
“You couldn't stop staring at his butt the other day."
Della's mouth dropped open and she rolled her eyes. "You are so wrong." She fanned herself with her hand. "But the boy is eye candy to the max.”

“Bite my ass Mr. James”

C.C. Hunter
“I mean, if your about to tell me something like I'm dead, that i need to start acquiring a taste for blood, and I can't even eat sushi, I wont be able to handle it. Or if you're going to tell me that I'm going to start howling at the moon, eating peoples cats, and will spend the rest of my life having to get waxed if I want to wear a bathing suit, then I don't think I can handle it, either. I like cats and I tried waxing once, and that hurt like a son of a gun." -Kylie”

11/23/2011 page 82
20.0% "Great read so far!!"
11/24/2011 page 137
34.0% "Love love love this book!!!! But now I must get ready for Black Friday shopping!!!"
11/27/2011
100.0% "Review soon to come"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tif (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tif Was it really good?

Annie Brewer Yes it was AWESOME!!!!!! I loved it!!! I would definitely recommend it!!

Nandanie Yeah! Talk about love hexagon! Trey, Derek, Justin? I forgot the third name(didn't read it in a while!) all love Kylie! OKAAAAY! Then, you have the fact that they're supernaturals and all of that!

message 4: by Paola (new)

Paola Really? that good? I just downloaded the free short story on my nook, but I have to order the first 2 books

Annie Brewer Its Lucas, Derek and Trey. And Trey is human. But I love Lucas for Kylie!!! He reminds me of Ren. Mmmmmmmm!!

message 6: by Paola (new)

Paola :o)

Annie Brewer Really you had to preorder it?? Its already out though! Yes they are great books!! Love the series!! I have a nook too. I looove it!!

message 8: by Paola (new)

Paola I will place my order then :o)

Nandanie Paola wrote: "I will place my order then :o)"

yeah i have to read book 2 for it: awake at dawn! can't wait to go to the library!

Annie Brewer Yes order them! They are wonderful! Also Vee, there is a Novella all about Della...its really good. Its called Turned at Dark.....

message 11: by Paola (new)

Paola I will Thank You :o)

Nandanie Annie wrote: "Yes order them! They are wonderful! Also Vee, there is a Novella all about Della...its really good. Its called Turned at Dark....."

really? i love della! i will read it thx!

Annie Brewer Yea she was one of my fave characters!! Its a short story but you find out when and hoe she became what she did. It was neat!

Nandanie Annie wrote: "Yea she was one of my fave characters!! Its a short story but you find out when and hoe she became what she did. It was neat!"

yeah i feel sorry for her because her love wouldnt touch her because she was "cold" i mean at first i thought she was a loner but when she told me that i cried for her...soo sad and then i liked her much better! hehehe!

Annie Brewer Yea it was sad. She is a great character. After I read her story I understood her better and her personality.

Nandanie Annie wrote: "Yea it was sad. She is a great character. After I read her story I understood her better and her personality."

yeah. i feel so sorry for her! sometimes i wish i am a supernatural. havent you guys noticed how "bland" this world is?

Annie Brewer Omg I feel the same way. I always wish I lived in these other worlds rather than tjis world. It is very bland.....and boring sometimes. We need more excitement!!

Nandanie Annie wrote: "Omg I feel the same way. I always wish I lived in these other worlds rather than tjis world. It is very bland.....and boring sometimes. We need more excitement!!"

hey should make teleporters to the future! ha! i would read future books!

message 19: by Marie (last edited Dec 24, 2011 10:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marie It's on my to read shelf too, looks amazing!

Annie Brewer It is amazing!!!!! You should read it! How far are you on Tiger's Curse??

I just love this cover!!