Rayni's Reviews > Cant Wait to Get to Heaven

Nov 10, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, audio, christian, fiction, humor, new-author, nde
Recommended to Rayni by: Talking Books
Read from November 07 to 10, 2011, read count: 1

My mom got this from the State library Talking Books. I immediately checked out the reviews & thought this was something she would love. Imagine my surprise when she announced Monday she did not like this book at all & wanted to send it back. It was too hard to understand. Huh??? I slipped the cartridge into the digital reader &, of course, it was too hard to understand: the reader sounded like a chipmunk. I slowed it down to "normal," then went one notch lower. This book snagged me good.

EDITED TO ADD: This is the first time I have read a Fannie Flagg book. Yes, read. Because off I ran to the library & picked up a hardbound copy of it. After all, I missed the first part of the book. We should have rewound it, but didn't. I could follow the reader & loved hearing her read it.

It was a satisfying read. I loved the little mysteries embedded in the story & how they were answered. I read somewhere to "prepare to laugh out loud, cry & fall in love with the characters." I did.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cant Wait to Get to Heaven.

message 1: by Wayne (new)

Wayne Did your Mum have another go at it after you discovered the fault???
Weren't you lucky...almost missed out on a treasure!!!

Rayni Yes, she did. I made her stop the book whenever I left. She has a habit of immediately stopping the book whenever anyone walks in. I'd tell her she had to wait at least to the end of a sentence. DSolder said he was flattered that she'd stop the tape for him, but Mom had a point. There are some books she gets that I just turn my hearing aid off when she's playing it.