Netanella's Reviews > In the Heat of the Bite

Dec 10, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: vampires
Read from December 07 to 10, 2011

This is my first Lydia Dare novel - and I love the mix between historical and paranormal, two of my favorite romance genres!

Well, 3/4ers of the way through the book and I've decided that a love of mixes doesn't necessarily produce a good book! This one is ridiculous, populated by a cast of ridiculous characters that constantly interfere in each other's lives. And if it wasn't for their interference, there wouldn't be a plot or any type of action to drive the story. Rhiannon is a hot-tempered air head, which is not a good mix. As a weather witch with a quick emotional highjack response, Rhiannon is constantly blowing up and creating mini-weather storms. Is this supposed to be endearing? I'm not sure. Her beau, the 600+ year old vampyre, is so noble he practically pansies himself in front of others. The werewolves are annoying, posturing and snarling but I don't really get them beyond a flat, 2-d caricature of name and species. Bah! I wanted more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Heat of the Bite.