Effie's Reviews > Pyxis: The Discovery

Pyxis by K.C. Neal

Dec 18, 11

bookshelves: 2011-read, 4-stars, e-books, ya-books, arc, reviewed
Read from November 10 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy

I'm not sure what Pyxis is about even now that I've finished the book. I am a label type of girl, meaning I like to categorize my books by vampires, werewolves, etc. but for this one I had non. Well it's definitely a fantasy novel and a good one.

I can tell you for sure it has nothing to do with your typical paranormal books. I would say it has more to do with magic but I would have to see about that after reading the next book. The story ends right where things start to get clear about Corinne and what her destiny is.

The book starts when Corrine bakes some cupcakes and uses some stuff that were supposedly food colouring, only they weren't. Weird stuff begin to happen and she starts to investigate what those colourful bottles are that she found inside a box called Pyxis.

Now the romance part- because you know how much I love my stories to be accompanied by love stories.
I liked the fact that Corinne and Mason already knew each other and there was already the initiation from being friends into something more. It was so refreshing because no matter how much I love it, it's beginning to be a little tiring the whole girl meets boy and fall in love without really knowing each other.

Mason was one of the main reasons I wanted to keep reading and not stop. I wanted to know what had happened between them and if they were going to end up together. The suspense lol! That and of course what the heck Pyxis is and what Corinne is and Mason. They may share mutual feelings but they have more in common than they think and an unbreakable connection.

Overall, I loved and I will keep reading the series. It's perfect for those who want something new and unpredictable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pyxis.