Jessica (BookRockGodess) Bolton's Reviews > The Demon King

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima

Nov 10, 11

bookshelves: books-on-cd
Read in November, 2011

I have always loved fantasy and this book just proves why I love it. The world is just so well done that it is just pure genius on the authors part. She takes several different characters that have very different lives and brings them together in such away that you know that their connections run far deeper. There is a feeling of a story with in a story that just is ready to be told just yet. As you are reading this story you can see the thread coming together but the author only gives you enough to keep you craving even more.

The chapters are told mostly in Raisas and Hans points of view. I find that I really like this style of writing because you get to know the characters on a more personal level. I tend to find myself caring more about the characters this way.

The story has so much going on and there is never a dull moment or a feeling that this it doesn't make sense. This story makes you want to know where did the silver cuffs come from, who is Dancers father, what are the Bayars after and when will Raisa get what she wants.

I am so glad that I don't have to wait for the next book because I don't think I could bare it. I have the second book right here and plan to start it today! If you havent read this book than you should because you are missing out on an absolutely beautiful story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon King.