Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Queen of the Undead's Reviews > Forever and a Day

Forever and a Day by Delilah Marvelle

Feb 06, 12

Read from November 10 to 12, 2011

It took me so long to write this review that I forgot about it. However, I really need to be a good girl so I’m going back and doing my reviewing duties!!!!

The characters

At the beginning of this book, we have Georgia and “Robinson”. Robinson is not really Robinson, he is in fact Roderick Gideon Tremayne, heir to the Duke of Wentworth. However, at the beginning of the book, Robinson is suffering amnesia due to a head injury so he does not remember his name, his identity or much of anything except characters from books he‘s enjoyed and loved (I‘m guessing if I got bonked in the head, I‘d probably end up living out some of my favorite books as well). Georgia, a widower from the rough streets of New York, takes in Robinson/Roderick, feeling guilt for the way he acquired his injury.

I loved Georgia and Robinson. I am going to call Roderick his amnesia given name because when he was Robinson, he was such a likeable character. He was so innocent-like but also protective and such a gentleman to not only Georgia but to all the women in the neighborhood. Georgia was sassy, strong, and had a heart of gold. She was very protective and would not let anyone take advantage of the people she cared about.

The story

The story involved the interactions between Georgia and Robinson, and once Robinson became Roderick, between Georgia and Roderick. It involved how the differences in class, country and culture can cause misunderstandings, bitterness, and anger.

Once Roderick was Roderick, I didn’t think the book was as good. It became just another historical I-don’t-belong-to-your-class type of story. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t as good. I still enjoyed the characters but felt let down overall. I didn’t know how the author could have made it better, I just wanted it different. It does have your happy ending, I just wanted a different happy ending.

3.5 out of 5 stars.
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever and a Day.

11/10/2011
11.0% "Very good start to the book. I love the banter."
11/11/2011
23.0% "Love, love Robinson. What a great lead character. Georgina is so much fun as well- a tough cookie with a heart of gold."
11/11/2011
23.0% "Robinson is Roderick. he doesn't remember his real name so he goes by Robinson aka "robinson crusoe"" 5 comments
36.0% "wow. that was hot. this is no timid HR." 1 comment
11/11/2011
36.0% "wow. that was hot. this is no timid HR."
11/12/2011
75.0% "Robinson is now Roderick (got his memory back) and the book is not nearly as good. It was a 5 star read up until recently. Hopefully, it will improve in the last 25% since I really want to love it." 2 comments

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya Haha, it's crazy how many romance novels use the amnesia thing as a plot device! I'm in a very list-making mood today, so when I saw your status, I was totally like, I should make a list of my favorite amnesia-driven romances! But the sad part is, I can remember the plotlines almost perfectly, but all the book titles are escaping me! :(

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Vinaya wrote: "Haha, it's crazy how many romance novels use the amnesia thing as a plot device! I'm in a very list-making mood today, so when I saw your status, I was totally like, I should make a list of my favo..."

Maybe it's a touch of amnesia making you forget!. ;)