Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions 's Reviews > Bringing Home the Ice Prince

Bringing Home the Ice Prince by Jana Downs

Dec 21, 11

bookshelves: m-m, stupids
Read from December 20 to 21, 2011

Starts at 1% ends at 94%

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bringing Home the Ice Prince.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Chris The "heaving bosoms" flowery style of writing drove me nuts - very old school romancey.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions The dull characters and lack of anything happening is boring me nuts

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess Boy you are either terribly unlucky or the xmas grinch, look at all the 1 star ratings. I know you could at least scrape a few 2 star books out of some of my recommendations ;)

Hope you have a nice Chrissy Dane :)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I gave stars to today's story. I gave two books five from the antho a couple threes. So not my fault they suck

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess Awwwwwwwww send the publisher hate mail so they do better next Xmas

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I don't gonna be that crazy

message 7: by Bubbles Hunty (last edited Feb 02, 2012 08:07PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions See my review is free and didn't go through editing or anything. I don't even proof it so if you don't like them don't read them . But it's just my mistakes not a whole publishers and you didn't pay to read it

message 8: by Lauraadriana (last edited Feb 02, 2012 08:09PM) (new)

Lauraadriana You know what would be awesome? If people stopped randomly getting on other Goodreads users review threads, and being rude.

What I want to know is who started the review police? So what is it? People can't say whatever the hell they want about a book they paid for. If the entire point of what Goodreads is for has now been changed to something completely different, then I must have missed that update...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions It's ok LA Dehalo is obviously the author or a friend of hers since that the only mm books she added and only reviews she wrote for this one author.

Story sucked, simple as that

message 10: by Isa (new)

Isa K. One day I want to see an author set up and cultivate sleeper accounts months in advance! Shelving and reviewing countless numbers of books, adding lots of friends, all in preparation for the day when someone says something mean on the internet and THEN THEY STRIKE!

You'll see who'll be laughing then Bubbles!

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Is that what you've been doing isa?

message 12: by Isa (new)

Isa K. ............ DAMN! CURSE YOU AND YOUR BRILLIANT MIND BUBBLES. Okay you've won this round, but I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE!!!!! ;D

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Then don't read them

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions And reviews, or mine at least are for readers. Not to provide constructive criticism forthw author. I'm not your editor or beta.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Well if there is nothing good about a book, like this one then yeah review is all the negatives. You wrote a shitty book. I explained what was shitty about it. If you can't handle reviews don't read them

message 17: by Cam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cam What are you talking about? I just made a comment about your stupid review. Your the one who can't handle critism since you have to fabricate a lie by accusing me of being the writer. I'm done playing your stupid game.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions You're so funny.

But read my comments and read mine. I haven't called anyone any names or insults. Yet all of you're comments are defensive and full of insults.

But I'm the one that wants attention?

And I'm a basher?

And I'm dumb?

Yeah I'm just laughing at how ridiculous you are but yeah stop commenting on my review

message 19: by Cam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cam Why should I? Anyone can say anything they want to right? So why can't I critique ur review? I didn't like it and thought it was a waste of space on the internet and simply stated that the next time you take the liberty to review something you should at least pride yourself in saying something intelligent and thoughtful, even if it is a negative review. All you want is attention and I'm done giving it to you. My bad for stooping to your level.

But really, come on? Spreading rumors that I'm the "author" just to make yourself look better is quite amusing actually. I didn't have to fabricate lies to prove my point, your review did it for me. But I guess that's the quality of writing I should expect from someone who makes their name out of writing bad reviews that serve absolutely no purpose except to inspire insult.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Makes my name? I only review here at gr I don't have a review blog or anything so I just post for other gr readers. Not sure what to say besides you're crazy and make no sense.

You said you were "I'm done playing your game" I was hoping that meant you'd stop commenting but do whatever you like. The opinions of crazy Internet people have never bothered me or influenced my review writings

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions On 02/02/11 at 7:48pm Dehalo wrote: "ugh. I think the author of this book has nothing on your bad writing. Please take a grammar course or learn how to write a complete sentence before you start bashing some one else's writing!"

message 22: by Lori K (new)

Lori K I guess it's your turn with the crazies Dane. :(

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Yeah lol I'm getting used to it

message 24: by Cam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cam aw u quoted me writing about your horrible grammar!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* What I find really funny, Dehalo, is that you claim to not be the author but yet you didn't refute the fact that you could be a friend of the authors which essentially is the same thing in this case. Attacking a reviewer just because your 'friend' or whoever wrote a crap book. Dane has a right to his own opinions and this isn't a site to critique reviewers reviews. It's a site for reviewers to critique books written by authors not reviews written from reviewers.

And if you honestly think 'spreading rumors' means saying once or two to you that you're the author then man, you are seriously delusional. Especially when you say 'fabricating lies'. Like really? And FYI, Dane's reviews do serve a purpose. They let other readers know what they're getting into. Dane tells it like it is from his point of view. If you don't like that then move on, dude, there's no reason for you to be here.

message 26: by Lori K (new)

Lori K Agh! I am so freaking sick of this idea that reviews need to teach authors how to write better. Go to school.

message 27: by Jordie.R (new)

Jordie.R LoL, so, I'm guessing you don't recommend this?

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions NOt really

message 29: by Jordie.R (new)

Jordie.R ~snort~

message 30: by Chris (last edited Feb 05, 2012 07:25PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Chris Jordie.R wrote: "LoL, so, I'm guessing you don't recommend this?"

Bubbles.. Dane wrote: "NOt really"

Me, either. This was just bad. And I am so, so tired of sock puppetry.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Yeah it was even of it was free I wouldn't recommend it

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Dehaylo hates you too Chris judging by her review for this shit story

message 33: by Lauraadriana (last edited Feb 05, 2012 08:22PM) (new)

Lauraadriana Ohhh I see that crazy was back for a visit this evening...Lovely!

Dane how about that? I did't even know you were going for world domination by "getting your name out on Goodreads"! It all makes so much sense now...You tricky devil.

message 34: by Chris (new) - rated it 1 star

Chris Bubbles.. Dane wrote: "Dehaylo hates you too Chris judging by her review for this shit story"

Heh, didn't we say if we could rate it lower than 1 star, we would've?

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I have it 0 stars in the whole antho review

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Oh no world domination scheme foiled. Blasted

message 37: by Lauraadriana (new)

Lauraadriana Bubbles.. Dane wrote: "Oh no world domination scheme foiled. Blasted"

You were doing so good too, had all all fooled thingy you were just pervy like the rest of us.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Yeah now I'll have start over