Kat (Kindred Dreamheart)'s Reviews > City of Ashes

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Writing Reviews is Not my thing. I usually just write 1-3 sentence opinion of jumbled up gibberish summing up my emotions at the time right after I’ve finished a book. With this book, I’ve decided to start writing my review early in an attempt to express myself in words that actually have merit and meaning.

Mainly because I believe no one should walk face first into a Cassandra Clare novel without warning!

BRACE YO SELF!

[image error]

That first book TURNED ME OUT and I’m not exactly sure how I feel about that yet. It started out GOOD-GREAT-SPECTACULAR, then in the end I felt violated and betrayed. Had I known Clary was Jace’s sister and this romance, whatever the heck it was, I would have never let my virgin eyes get sucked into such a story.

However now I feel compelled to see what happens next. I’m so disturbed. No matter what happens. I.E. Clary may find out it was all a lie and he wasn’t her brother. It doesn’t matter because now. I’m all f***ed up in the head about it.

Why Cassandra? Why did you do that, Miss Clare? This is YA! Isn’t it!

Now in the “CITY OF ASHES” book, its shock value after shock value. I feel like I may be about to have a freakin’ epileptic episode with every turn of the page. Any yet I still can’t STOP. Its driving me nuts, and yet, I think I like it! What? Are the pages laced with crack or something?

*Whispering, shivering, and holding myself*

HELP ME!

[image error]

5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Ashes.

11/20/2011 page 61
13.0% "EWWWW eww ew, I can't get over the "Clary/Jace Thing"! So gross and disappointing at the same time."
11/20/2011 page 174
38.0% "OMFG! That did not just happen! *Jaw on the floor*"
11/21/2011 page 197
42.0% ""Shock Value" is this author's middle name. This book reads like the script of a Telemundo soap opera."
11/22/2011 page 352
76.0% "I want so so badly for it all to be a lie but she keeps drilling the tell-tale evidence into my head. Stop pointing out the similarities to the parents will ya!

Make Clary stop swooning so dang on hard. Find Jace another romantic interest. Please for the love all that is Young Adult, stop torturing me!"
11/22/2011 page 418
90.0% "Cassandra Clare, this one's for you:

Knock, Knock!

WHY?

YOU KNOW WHY!"
11/22/2011 page 464
100.0% "Who...huh...wha....whe....wher...ah! I can see now we gone have a love-hate relationship."

Kat (Kindred Dreamheart) I don’t rely on violence, but don’t push me.

This better get better. And you better not be trolling with me.

message 2: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger You should start writing more reviews because you have the talent for it Katrina!

Kat (Kindred Dreamheart) Eva wrote: "You should start writing more reviews because you have the talent for it Katrina!"

Thanks!

Elle! Its driving me nuts, and yet, I think I like it! What? Are the pages laced with crack or something?........Lol I burst out laughing at that. That's how I feel about this series. Thanks for the review!