B's Reviews > The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse

The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse by Eric Carle

Nov 10, 2011

it was ok
Read in November, 2011

I had no idea that Eric Carle was such big pajamas. He has his own museum and everything. That very hungry caterpillar really was a good idea. This is nice. My favorite part is the inside of the front and back cover. It's just a colorful smudgy painting, but it's beautiful. It's a little pretentious though, right? I mean, Eric Carle painted a painting of a blue horse which is at a museum in Germany, so this is really a book about himself and what a good idea that was. Oh well, at least it has a polka-dotted donkey in it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse.

message 1: by Mal (new)

Mal I'm a big Eric Carle fan! And if you have time, go to the museum. It's really cool. The building's architecture is also interesting- contemporary. And it has a great gift shop full of books. Go!

message 2: by John (new)

John the museum is on the campus of Hampshire College, where Kate went to school. You could develop an appreciation for Carle while visiting lovely western Massachusetts

Manybooks Eric Carle did not paint the picture of the blue horse, that was Franz Marc who was/is famous for his blue horses.